[MPlayer-users] DVDcss ^ DVDnav

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Dec 1 00:36:08 CET 2006

Now I upgraded to the newest SVN version, and made a static version of
libdvdnav (version 0.1.10), lying around as libdvdnav.a in /usr/local/lib

when configuring mplayer, I get

   Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cdda dvdread dvdnav vcd dvb
     Codecs: x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim faad2 libmpeg2 libdts
liba52 mp3lib speex tremor(internal)

When I disable dvdnav via ./configure --disable-dvdnav I get

   Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cdda libdvdcss dvdread vcd dvb
     Codecs: x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim faad2 libmpeg2 libdts
liba52 mp3lib speex tremor(internal)

Problem with 1st is: No real DVD playback, as they are not anymore
encrypted...

Otherwise, I don't get DVD navigation (used to maneuver along the crappy
Sony Copy protected DVDs which just keep coming and coming and coming...

Any Ideas on how to get this working?

cheers,
Alex