[MPlayer-users] DVDcss ^ DVDnav

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Dec 1 01:00:35 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Alexander Roalter wrote:
>> Now I upgraded to the newest SVN version, and made a static version of
>> libdvdnav (version 0.1.10), lying around as libdvdnav.a in /usr/local/lib
>>
>> when configuring mplayer, I get
>>
>>   Enabled optional drivers:
>>     Input: ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cdda dvdread dvdnav vcd dvb
>>     Codecs: x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim faad2 libmpeg2 libdts
>> liba52 mp3lib speex tremor(internal)
>>

>> When I disable dvdnav via ./configure --disable-dvdnav I get
>>
>>   Enabled optional drivers:
>>     Input: ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cdda libdvdcss dvdread vcd dvb
>>     Codecs: x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim faad2 libmpeg2 libdts
>> liba52 mp3lib speex tremor(internal)
>>

>> Problem with 1st is: No real DVD playback, as they are not anymore
>> encrypted...
>
> explain please, dvd:// is available both when dvdnav is
> enabled and when it's not
>
>> Otherwise, I don't get DVD navigation (used to maneuver along the crappy
>> Sony Copy protected DVDs which just keep coming and coming and coming...
>
> what do you get?
>
>> Any Ideas on how to get this working?
>>
> more informations, please
I didn't know I was so unspecific... when disabling dvdnav, I only can
do mplayer dvd://x, and everything except DVD navigation is fine (apart
from the screen resolution, which is a complete other issue I will
discuss maybe later in a separate thread)

When I enable dvdnav (or rather don't disable it), I get

MPlayer dev-SVN-r21391-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (Family: 15, Model:
43, Step
ping: 1)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release!
at line
6
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: Connection refused
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing dvd://1.
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
There are 22 titles on this DVD.
There are 25 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (5.1) language: en aid: 128.
audio stream: 1 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 129.
audio stream: 2 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 130.
audio stream: 3 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 131.
number of audio channels on disk: 4.

Which tells me that the DVD was not even attempted to encrypt.

The video is all scrambled, the audio too.

Oh, and btw.: none of the X-Files DVD will work with DVDNAV,
all put out:

MPlayer dev-SVN-r21391-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (Family: 15, Model:
43, Stepping: 1)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release!
at line 6
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: Connection refused
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing dvdnav://1.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10 from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav: DVD Title: XFILES_SEASON3_DISC5
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 2B41861A
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative): XFILES_SEASON3_DISC5
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file
'/home/alex/.dvdnav/XFILES_SEASON3_DISC5.map'
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00fd0000. Regions: 2
INIT ERROR: -169064, couldn't get init pos New position not yet determined.
Remember to disable MPlayer's cache when playing dvdnav:// streams
(adding -nocache to your command line)
DVDNAV stream read error!
MPEG: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

Exiting... (End of file)

As you can see, I'm already at Disc 5 of Season 3, 6 Seasons still to
go. With one episode per day, I should have finished the batch at around
spring next year :)

cheers,
Alex