[MPlayer-users] Re-Connecting During DumpStream

NeroZero support4fpo at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 17:02:53 CET 2006

I have a script that runs an endless loop while having myplayer dumping
an internet stream for the case that the WLAN disconnects during the
recording. All works fine but at times mplayer sort of "hangs" recording
the stream even when there is no more data able to come thru, or when
the network re-connected, where I wished it would fail or time-out so
that I can start recording Part2 faster..

Is there is way of sloving this issue? I wished that also there be a
function where you can state like in streamripper to re-connect and to
tape only for a certain amount of time.

Would a trap command in my script solve maybe my problem? what error
code would this imply?