[MPlayer-users] Re: soft telecine for DVDs: can't this be applied (in principle) to framerates other than 24 or 24000/1001?

Ivan Middleton ivan.middleton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 12:20:27 CET 2006

> > I'm running into a problem: the current code doesn't like to deal with
> > framerates (like 20 fps) that aren't allowed in MPEG2,
>
> -lavcopts vstrict=-2

Ah, thanks.  I had actually noticed this option, but I was reading an
older manpage that only mentioned vstrict=-1.  Turns out that -2 does
the trick.

It looks like I'm in business now-- the bus error I got was just
because I'm a dumbass.  The output vob file looks correct, and plays
correctly in the OSX dvd player, so things look good.

Incidentally, does vstrict=-2 have any potentially bad side effects?
I mean, I still want my output to conform to specs.

Ivan