[MPlayer-users] BUG: memory leak in endless loop mplaylist playing

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Wed Dec 6 21:59:30 CET 2006

On 6 Декабрь 2006 13:58 Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > Each file in list is about 4-5 min length (in average),
> > they're mostly ogg music.
>
> The ogg demuxer strikes back (again. and yet again). I think I
> found an infinite source of memleaks in a finite amount of code.
> A fascinating phenomenon. I might research it some day. In the
> meanwhile, should be fixed in SVN r21516.

Ogg demuser seems to be fixed and there are no memory leaks in
_first_ mplayer process detected, thanks. But I have 2 processes,
because I use -ao alsa as default (in my config). There are some
leaks in second process.

Intresting, but when I use "-ao oss", there are some leaks in
single process too. The same is for jack,arts,esd,polyp,nas and
pcm. There is even a leakage with -ao null !!

For -ao sdl situation is similar as for -ao alsa: no leakage in
first process (thread?) and leakage in the second.

Warning: -ao openal CRASHES with signal 11 while trying to go
backward/forward in playlist or when file ends and mplayer start
to play another one. It seems to be another bug report. I have
tested it with openal-0.0.9-0.4.20060204cvs.