[MPlayer-users] Full screen on FC5 with Ratpoison

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 17:24:20 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a MythTV box hooked up to my 16:9 HDTV via VGA. I use
Ratpoison for my WM, and mplayer for videos. The problem I'm having
is that when watching videos with mplayer, there's a 1-2px gap on the
left and right of the screen where you can clearly see the MythTV
screen in the gaps. Note, this only happens with mplayer on Ratpoison
and not KDE or WindowMaker (haven't tried any others).

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Here's the relevant stuff from my mplayer.conf:

> # my display is 16:9
> monitoraspect=16:9
>
> # run full-screen
> fs=yes
>
> # disable mplayer's usual verbosity
> really-quiet=yes
>
> # use XVideo for video output
> vo=xv
>
> --snipped out AO stuff--

The screen & monitor section of my Xorg.conf file contains: