[MPlayer-users] Getting information about a DVD with mplayer

Velko Hristov welko at web.de
Mon Dec 11 11:41:56 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm writing a small ripping GUI based around mplayer/mencoder. I use
mplayer with "-v -identify -frames 0" to get information about the
movie.

I was wondering is there a way to get information about single chapters
in a title? Now I get only their count and cumulative length (the
title length). But not the length of single chapters.

Or is it possible to add a command line option which outputs a lot of
well structured information about a medium (file, DVD, VCD, stream) in a
way suitable for parsing?

Thank you - Velko