[MPlayer-users] german language and .srt files?

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Sun Dec 17 20:34:36 CET 2006

hi to the list,

i am working on generating subtitles.
last week i finally found a linux appi which can do that.
it is called `Ksubtile` and it uses Mplayer for video playback.
for that i recompiled my Mplayer and got the fresh ´MPlayer
dev-SVN-r21623-4.0.4´ one!

this all works great, but i have a question about displaying a .srt
files in german language.
on my machine i can type all the german "umlaut" like "oe" or "ue" with
the german letters, but mplayer does not know them and some artifacts
are displayed for that.
i think that i  can  set the path for the subtitle file very easy with
gmplayer appi, and it will be saved in configuration file, but i really
don´t know, how i can find out where on my machine the right letters are
placed?

does anyone has an advice, what should be the right fonts i use for
Mplayer for displaying  .srt file
with german "umlaut"?

cheers,
doc