[MPlayer-users] Mplayer/Mencoder encoding subtitles issues

Tariq Yahiaoui tariqy at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 15:53:32 CET 2006

Thanks for your ongoing work on Mencoder/Mplayer binaries.

There is however a bug that I would like to report:
I am currently using the latest FFmpegX video encoder on mac os X to
generate DivX movies with burned in subtitles, and the latest
Mplayer/Mencoder binaries NO LONGER allow changing the default font type,
size, or position in relation to the movie they are supposed to be included
in with the burn srt option in FFmpegx.
The preview option in FFmpegx shows the right font type, size and position
in relation to the movie but when the movie gets encoded with the subtitles
burnt in, the outcome is different and the font is always the same one
whatever type, size, or location you choose.
I think, this bug is featuring in the mencoder/mplayer builts that followed
the 23 Jan 2005 one. So it was working fine before.

Many of us FFmpegX users have raised the issue in different forums and we
hope that this problem will be sorted out in the next release of the
binaries (as we are suffering from it for almost two years now).

Best regards

Tariq