[MPlayer-users] switch_audio doesn't work

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Fri Dec 22 02:58:37 CET 2006

I'm using 1.0rc1-3.3.4 in linux.

tech/slave.txt says about switch_audio:

switch_audio [value] (MPEG and Matroska only)
    Switch to the audio track with the id [value]. Cycle through the
    available tracks if [value] is omitted or negative.

I downloaded a sample mkv video with 3 audio tracks:
http://www.portaldivx.com/matroska/manuales/samples/Sample.de.Futurama.con.varios.audios.y.subtitulos.mkv

Now I run "mplayer Sample.de.Futurama.con.varios.audios.y.subtitulos.mkv
-identify -quiet -slave"

According to -identify the audio tracks' IDs are: 0, 1 and 2.

Now I type "switch_audio 1" and "switch_audio 2". It doesn't change the audio.
If I just type "switch_audio" then it does select the next available audio
track.

But it seems that "switch_audio id" doesn't work, it does nothing.

If I type "set_property switch_audio 2" then it says:

The switch_audio option must be <= 0: 2
Failed to set property 'switch_audio' to '2'.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

--
Pepe