[MPlayer-users] switch_audio doesn't work

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Fri Dec 22 17:36:37 CET 2006

El Viernes, 22 de Diciembre de 2006 11:21, Nico Sabbi escribió:
> Pepe wrote:
> >I'm using 1.0rc1-3.3.4 in linux.
> >
> >tech/slave.txt says about switch_audio:
> >
> >switch_audio [value] (MPEG and Matroska only)
>
> no more true: even demux_avi and demux_lavf
> can switch audio stream
>
> >    Switch to the audio track with the id [value]. Cycle through the
> >    available tracks if [value] is omitted or negative.
> >
> >I downloaded a sample mkv video with 3 audio tracks:
> >http://www.portaldivx.com/matroska/manuales/samples/Sample.de.Futurama.con
> >.varios.audios.y.subtitulos.mkv
> >
> >Now I run "mplayer Sample.de.Futurama.con.varios.audios.y.subtitulos.mkv
> >-identify -quiet -slave"
> >
> >According to -identify the audio tracks' IDs are: 0, 1 and 2.
> >
> >Now I type "switch_audio 1" and "switch_audio 2". It doesn't change the
> > audio. If I just type "switch_audio" then it does select the next
> > available audio track.
> >
> >But it seems that "switch_audio id" doesn't work, it does nothing.
> >
> >If I type "set_property switch_audio 2" then it says:
> >
> >The switch_audio option must be <= 0: 2
> >Failed to set property 'switch_audio' to '2'.
> >
> >Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> no, it's supposed to work  that way.
> does adding -demuxer lavf work?
> and what about using switch_audio -1?

switch_audio -1 does nothing.

switch_audio -2 (-3, -4 ...) does what slave.txt says: switch to the next
audio track, like switch_audio alone does.

-demuxer lavf is even worse. First it gives a lot of error messages, like
these:

[mpeg4 @ 0x8660db8]header damaged
Error while decoding frame!
sw[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[matroska @ 0x8561020]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
it[mpeg4 @ 0x8660db8]header damaged
Error while decoding frame!
[mpeg4 @ 0x8660db8]header damaged
Error while decoding frame!
[mpeg4 @ 0x8660db8]header damaged
Error while decoding frame!

switch_audio id, still not work. And switch_audio -2, gives no sound.

--
Pepe