[MPlayer-users] rm stream crash

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Tue Dec 26 14:12:45 CET 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:42:25 +1100
Raena Lea-Shannon <raen at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Realaudio codecs crash mplayer. Other codecs play fine.
>
> I am running Ubuntu Dapper for x64 just updated svn and compiled with latest
> binary codecs. I installed the binaries in local directory and compiled
> with --codecsdir=
> Error out and Configure output below:
>

> Here is is err out
>
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r21766-4.0.3 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ (Family: 15, Model: 47, Stepping: 2)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
>
> Playing rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/broadcast/www2.rm.
>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: open_stream
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>   disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
> won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

Hi
I can't reproduce the bug on x86 system. Can you provide a gdb
backtrace of the crash? You may have some troubles compiling with
--enable-debug unless you add -fomit-frame-pointer to CFLAGS line in
libavcodec/Makefile. At least please provide the output of mplayer -v

A few notes:
- the crash seem to happen at netork level, probably at address
resolution, so it's not related 64bit codecs
- we now support real codecs (but not w32 dll) on amd64, just get the
amd64 codec pack from the download page and follow the instructions to
use them. Sipro is supported, so this stream should work.

Can anybody with amd64 test if he can reporduce this?

Btw you can probably remove --enable-largefiles from your configure
line.

Ciao,
 Roberto