[MPlayer-users] Aspect ratio.

José Gabriel Moya Yangüela josemoya at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 15:03:57 CET 2006

Didn't try.In the meanwhile was downloading latest official version (
1.0rc1-3.4.2). In this version I've had to change some things like adding a
file name for the first-pass file, and I've been fighting against these
changes until now. I've tested 1.0rc1-3.4.2 and I get same results.

I have to try -aspect 3/4.

BTW I see there is a big problem with oudated help files (man_page shipped
with latest version still suggest -aspect N:M instead of -aspect N/M, so I
thought that was fixed). I could try to help but my english is too bad for
it. I could try to help with docs in my first language, Spanish, but I would
need *UPDATED* english documentation first.

P.S. What has to do colorspace with scale? I get a warning about colorspace
and then mplayer throws a "scale" filter to fix it.

2006/12/27, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 12/27/06, José Gabriel Moya Yangüela <josemoya at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I have a trouble with aspect ratio in mplayer. Diving into list
> archives,
> > I've seen this problem was reported with mplayer 1.0pre-8
> >

> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/45376/match=aspect
> > but my copy of mplayer displays the version as CVS date only (MEncoder
> > dev-CVS-050928-16:38-3.4.2), so I can't check it.
> >
> > The problem is: I have a (theoretically) 4:3 (really 5:6, 480x576) b/w
> > picture captured from DVB. When compressing it with mencoder in a
> two-pass I
> > get a 3:4 aspect instead of 4:3. Even when adding -aspect 4:3 I get a
> 3:4
> > aspect ratio.
>
> Does -aspect 3/4 work better?
>
> Guillaume
> --
> An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
> which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations
> down to a town meeting or a vestry.
> -- Thomas Jefferson
> (when interviewed about MPlayer ML flamewars)
> http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157207.html

Tengo poco tiempo para leer. Compré estos libros a peso. Ordené que me
trajeran una tonelada.