[MPlayer-users] MPlayer was compiled without libmp3lame support

klfcp at yahoo.com klfcp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 00:30:53 CET 2006

andrew,

>>Header files *are needed* for compiling
mplayer with mp3lame support.

What are header files and what am I suppose to do with
those header files.  I am new to linux.

>>Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... yes

When I ran ./configure  -> I do see Checking for
libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... yes

As for lame installation:  here is what i have in my
system:
[root at mediamungo 4113]# rpm -q lame
lame-3.97-1.fc5
[root at mediamungo 4113]# rpm -q lame-devel
lame-devel-3.97-1.fc5
[root at mediamungo 4113]#