[MPlayer-users] timestamp reset with vob external subtitle

Karthik molecularbiophysics at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 11:13:51 CET 2006

Hi
I read the archives and found that it is  well known problem. One of
the solutions stated was:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2005-May/053139.html
>The easiest fix would be to transcode the movie to fix the timestamps.
Can anyone give me a short command line what it means?

I tried re-encoding the input.vob but the counter reset happens _now also_:

mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf scale=720:576\
 -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:\
vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=15:\
aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 -o movie.mpg   input.vob

When I play this output file  with external subtitle file OSD counter
is still reset at approx. 48%.

Remember I want to create a new DVD for viewing in standalone player.

Many thanks,
Karthik