[MPlayer-users] nsv problems

Lunadog lunadog at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Feb 1 09:45:08 CET 2006

Shoutcast nsv video streams seem to be well handled on the whole,
however a few streams do not seem to work properly. They seem to be
ones that have two nsv files (i.e. one with adverts and the other with
main content). Mplayer plays the first file but when the stream
switches to the second file, it locks up.

Some examples are available on the tv listing in my program tunapie

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tunapie

I apologise, but most of the files where this problem occurs most
frequently are adult content, so you have to install tunapie with the
--adult switch. I know that none of the dldvd streams work properly.

Some of the urls for these streams (although I am not sure if they
change frequently):

http://69.9.181.179:9500
http://69.9.181.179:8750
http://66.28.200.43:7669

Interestingly, vlc seems able to play these streams without problem,
but is less able to play most other nsv streams than mplayer.

Also if I record the streams using streamripper, the full content part
of the stream does not play with mplayer.. I have put a couple of
snippets (<200k) here for bug fixing purposes:

http://www.jmstone.dsl.pipex.com/ads.nsv

(ad content, works fine)

http://www.jmstone.dsl.pipex.com/content.nsv

(main content, does not work)

Another stream that has intermittent problems with mplayer is the
tvgold one (non adult content):

http://72.35.226.80:9138

I am not sure if this is the same switching nsv files problem as
above.

Best wishes,

James