[MPlayer-users] midentify ID_LENGTH wrong on mpegs, another option?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:21:58 CET 2006

I've been trying to use ID_LENGTH to do a 2-pass encode using a
"length*desired average bitrate" formula, but I'm finding that it is hasn't
been correct on any of the 13 files I've tried it on. I assume its due to a
changing fps in the file (from between 23.97 to 29.97) screwing with the
calculation, but whatever...

Does anyone know of another command line applications that will accurately
give me the length of an mpeg? I don't mind it scanning/analyzing the file
and taking some time to do it as long as I get an accurate value that I can
grep/sed in my script.

Thanks!
--
Steve