[MPlayer-users] problem playing MJPEG files

Agnes Bousquier agnes.bousquier at etu.enseeiht.fr
Tue Feb 7 18:28:22 CET 2006

Hello,

 I have installed the pre-compiled windows version of MPlayer available
on the official website, but when I try to play AVI files encoded with
MJPEG, one frame out of 2 is almost black, or they are not well
synchronized on the screen. I thought this was a matter of codec. So, I
dowloaded the "Windows essential" package, unzipped it, and copied the
codecs on the "codecs" directory created by MPlayer's installer. I still
have the same problem. Maybe should I modify a file in order to tell to
MPlayer where it can find the additional codecs?
Could anyone please help me?

Agnes