[MPlayer-users] various enhancements and bugfixes for

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Thu Feb 9 10:50:00 CET 2006

 The Wanderer wrote:

>(Please, snip parts of the post you arent replying to - including
>signatures and the like. If you were using a proper mail client, then
>unless you specifically told it not to it would snip out the signatures
>automatically... and it would probably also not break threading on
>replies, as your reply to my previous message did.)

  Sorry. I was replying via Gmane. If this breaks the thread again,
  it'll be the last time.

>> Thanks. I'm not subscribed to the developers list, really there's no
>> reason I should be. My knowledge of this stuff is very limited, to
>> put it mildly. :)
>
>...if you aren't subscribed to the development list, how did you see the
>thread to be able to reply to it?
>
>The only thing I can think of is if you're reading it via gmane or the
>like - and if you're interested enough to read the list via that kind of
>archive interface, then there's no reason you shouldn't be subscribed.
>(I lurked on the development list for quite some time before I made the
>smallest contribution.)

  OK, thanks. I subscribed to it, and turned mail delivery on for both
  lists. Hopefully I can avoid screwing things up that way, and remember
  to snip irrelevant text. :)

>As far as "reason you should be" - not all of the developers read the
>user list, and in any case they are unlikely to look for patch-related
>messages here, since it definitely doesn't belong here unless the patch
>is a "try this, see if it works" bugfix posted here in response to a
>user's description of a problem.

  I just didn't want to be a bother, I know the developers have their
  hands full already. But thinking about it, this is only the 2nd or 3rd
  time I've had something to comment on, regarding proposed changes.

  Thanks again, and apologies in advance if this post screws up
  threading.

  Take care,
  Steve