[MPlayer-users] Can't seek in videos with recent cvs builds (cygwin + directx)

Joost-Wim Boekesteijn joost-wim at boekesteijn.nl
Thu Feb 9 23:22:50 CET 2006

Hi all,

Since a couple of days (certainly not more than a week), I've got trouble
seeking in my video files. I built MPlayer from CVS under the most recent
version of Cygwin and I'm using the directx video-output driver.

I'm using the default input.conf, so I can use right-arrow, top-arrow and
page-up to seek forward in a file. In recent builds, these keys always behave as
if they've been pressed for the first time, playing from the beginning of the
file. So even if I press page-up successively, MPlayer keeps going to 10 minutes
from the start of the file. Same thing for the right- and top-arrow, but in that
case it's 10 seconds and 1 minute.

An example:

I'm playing a video file and the current position is 5 minutes. I press page-up.
Now, I would expect MPlayer to seek to 15 minutes. However, it does actually
seek to 10 minutes, as if I just started playing the file.

Does anyone else experience the same problem using cygwin + directx? Or maybe
even on other platforms?

--
Joost-Wim Boekesteijn