[MPlayer-users] Brightness decreases on every video frame in MPEG-2 encodes

Markus Kaiserswerth mkaiserswerth at inetmx.de
Fri Feb 10 17:25:23 CET 2006

Am 10.02.2006 um 06:57 schrieb Rich Felker:

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:51:13PM -0800, RC wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:59:16 +0100
>> Markus Kaiserswerth <mkaiserswerth at inetmx.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Video quality is nice (it does indeed look better), but the
>>> flickering effect remains.
>>>
>>> What could I do?
>>
>> I've never seen this effect, so I don't have any ideas.  Ivan
>> believes
>> you've run into a libavcodec bug, so upgrading to a CVS snapshot
>> would
>> be a very good idea.
>
> Yes, sounds like buggy precompiled binaries to me.
>
> Rich

This is weird.
I have now built MPlayer from CVS. I used the libavcodec, libavformat
and libavutil directories from an up-to-date ffmpeg-cvs snapshot and
copied them into the mplayer-cvs tree before building. Version is now:

MEncoder dev-CVS-060210-15:17-4.0.1

The effect is exactly the same. I will try this on x86 Linux now, to
see if this is somehow related to OS X, ppc or altivec code.

Markus