[MPlayer-users] directfb problem

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 17:00:08 CET 2006

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just tried mplayer (cvs) with directfb output and got some
> problems with it:
>
> + when starting mplayer, the screen flickers for some secondy,
>   before the movie starts. the movie itself is okay
>
> + zooming to fullscreen (-fs -zoom) does not work - the movie
>   is still small.

I'm not sure because I use mplayer at home, but I think, I use -y -x
-zoom or just -x -zoom to keep the ratio.

> + after exiting, the screen is not switched back to textmode,
>   it remains black.

The screen is black but you can possibly type blind. Try executing
'reset'. If you exit the video by typing 'q' the textmode is ok,
although sometimes the cursor is invisible. If you exit the video by
completely watching it, run it again (cursor up and return) and then
quit it with the keyboard.

Stefan