[MPlayer-users] psnr, frame drop How to measure them ? urgent help

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 22:10:54 CET 2006

RuthLess Konqueror wrote:

> Folks , It would be great if you tell me of a way to measure the PSNR
> of a movie which I am streaming from a Darwin Streaming Server with
> the following command
>
> mplayer 'rtsp://192.168.15.1/ijob.mov'
>
> I jave encoded the movie at 24fps and used the mpeg4 encoder.

The only way I know of offhand to calculate PSNR using MPlayer/MEncoder
is to use the 'psnr' sub-option when transcoding with libavcodec, XviD
or x264. There does not appear to be any way, or at least not any
documented way, to calculate PSNR for a video stream without transcoding
it.

> I want to calculate the frame drop rate as well. How many frames are
> getting dropped ?

...here, it sounds like it should be possible to determine this by
parsing the console output and doing some calculations yourself... but
I'm not entirely sure how.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.