[MPlayer-users] The video codec RMP4 is not supported by mplayer

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Feb 19 09:45:07 CET 2006

qwen dux wrote:
> Hi
> I playered movie file with codec RMP4,but mplayer displayed couldn't
> find the video codec,Is there a way that let mplayer plays the movie
> normally?

Hmm. It's funny this hasn't been supported yet. According to fourcc.org,
RMP4 is just MPEG-4 ASP from Sigma Designs' "REALmagic" encoder. Anyway,
that means you should be able to play it with this command:

$ mplayer filename.avi -vc +ffodivx

There's one small issue, though -- the only samples I could find are on
this page:

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/751.html

...and decoding with libavcodec (as in the above command) shows green
lines similar to those shown. Can you check if playing your file shows
those same lines and tell me the result?

Next, try using xvid for decoding.

mplayer filename.avi -vc +xvid

Do the lines go away?

-Corey