[MPlayer-users] Problem decoding x264-encoded video file

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Feb 19 15:19:47 CET 2006

Hello,

I recently obtained a MP4 video encoded with the x264 codec.
While Mplayer does play the video, extensive smearing occurs when fast
forwarding (or rewinding). Using -demuxer lavf fixes the problem completely.

Unfortunately, I don't know the specifics of the encoding process for
the file (i.e. what program was used and which parameters).

I noticed that the very first frame appears completely gray when not
using LAVF, not sure if that's of any help.

You can download a sample file and my MPlayer log here:

http://web.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fa859178/sample.mp4

My configuration:
* Athlon XP 2400+
* 1024MB RAM
* Radeon 9800 Pro
* Windows XP Pro SP2
* Mplayer CVS 060218 built on MingW/MSys

Attached is the output of Mplayer.

If anymore info is needed or the sample is too small drop me a line.

Cheers,

Frank