[MPlayer-users] Extremely async after transcoding.

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Tue Feb 21 15:51:56 CET 2006

Hi,

sometimes I get very strange avi files, where mplayer continuously reports
duplicate frames. The last one was a recording of Enterprise made with
virtualdub.

Normally, I use one and the same script I made months ago to transcode
everything into good plain DivX4, which plays then fine, but here I
encountered the phenomen that audio and video run out of sync nearly in 1:2
relation! So it appears as when this skipped frames (during re-encoding)
shorten the video to "half the length", while audio plays the full length.

I hope you can imagine what I mean.

My question is: how can I fix this? Is this known and can be corrected by some
command line options of mencoder?

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch