[MPlayer-users] mplayer with really big avi movie

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:56:25 CET 2006

Hi,

I tried to encode a 'dvsd' avi file with mencoder, this file is generated by
premiere from a digital video tap, about 20 GB. And I found that mencoder can
only encode the first few minutes. Trying to look for the answer in the
source code, I found that the avi demux read the a dword value as the endpos
of the movie, and the movie ended at the exact pos when playing with mplayer.
However, I tried the file with windows media player and everything is normal,
it can even seek in the file, while mplayer just generated a error "you
cannot seek in raw avi file" something like that.

Does this large file problem have some workaround, or it's a general problem
of mplayer, or I just encounted a bad file?

BTW, If anyone interested, I can upload the header part of the file to
somewhere for inspection.

--
Best Regards,
LR