[MPlayer-users] unknown codec 0x66666974

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:22:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 10/31/05, Joshua Crawford <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> * Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> [2005-10-31 14:08 +0100]:

> > The best thing is to upload a "Tiff" video sample online somewhere and
> > give a link to it on ffmpeg mailing list so that ppl can hopefully
> > work on it and make it watchable.
>
> Ok, so this mail is now also going to ffmpeg-user, and hopefully followups
> will only be there.
>
> I don't need to upload the files, I just have to say where I got them :)
>
> <http://downloads.oreilly.com/make/MAKE_2005-07-18.m4b> has JPEG images, and
> works in mplayer.
>
> <http://downloads.oreilly.com/make/MAKE_2005-08-01.m4b> (and all the others
> from the RSS feed I linked above) has TIFF images, and the pictures aren't
> displayed (audio works).

I know that some time ago, Robero Togni had a look at it, and If I
recall correctly, the problem is not easy to solve, as TIFF images
come in a lot of falvours (IIRC, it's smth similar to an image
container).

The first samples does indeed decode correctly.

The second one doesn't. Xine and VLC can play it with just the sound.

One more item to the todo-list, one!

Some more samples to add to mphq's collection of samples too :)

Guillaume

--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger