[MPlayer-users] cannot change DVD subtitle position

Michael Holland mplayer at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Feb 24 02:59:57 CET 2006

I'm trying to move DVD subtitles to the black area below the picture.
The -subpos and -subalign args seem to have no effect.
Ditto for subpos and subalign in .mplayer/config .
Interactively, the t/r keys generate OSD feedback that the position
is moving, but the titles just stay there, in the usual position.

Happens in Linx and win32, in MPlayer dev-CVS-060223-22:27-4.0.2,
and in MPlayer-1.0pre7 . Mencoder too.

e.g.  $ mplayer dvd://1  -slang en -subalign 2 -subpos 95

I've done this successfully in the past. I must be doing something
wrong, as this appears to be old, but I cannot find any mention in
the list archives, or docs.

Yes, they are mplayer-generated subtitles, not part of the mpeg2 image :-)

thanks, Mike.