[MPlayer-users] Problem when cycling internal subtitles

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 04:36:55 CET 2006

The problem is related to the "subtitle cycling" process in MPlayer. When
you press the "b" key, MPlayer should cycle between the available subtitles.

If the available subtitles are external, then pressing "b" will work
correctly:

* sub 01 -> sub 02 -> sub n -> sub off -> sub 01...

If the available subtitles are internal (OGM or MKV), then pressing "b" will
not work correctly:

* sub 01 -> sub 02 -> sub n -> sub n -> sub 01...

As you can see, the way MPlayer tries to cycle internal subtitles is broken.
You cannot turn off the subtitles using the "b" key.

I did some tests and I was able to find the source of the "problem":

(probably) patch discussion thread:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060102.221143.c68f68a8.en.html

CVS log 01:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060102.204025.7b9ceb04.en.html

CVS log 02:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060102.204027.af32a177.en.html

Note: Reverting from mplayer.c,1.900 to mplayer.c,1899 solves the problem
(CVS log 01). I added the CVS log 02 because I think both patches are
somehow related.

If you need some other feedback, just ask for it ;)

System information:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ S939
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE (ForceWare 81.98)
Windows XP Professional SP2
MPlayer dev-CVS-060223-13:09-3.4.5 (self-compiled)

Byes :)

Yakusoku wa iranai.