[MPlayer-users] Subtitle font in latest CVS and Mac OS X 10.3.9

José Filipe jofivigo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:30:35 CET 2006

Hello.

I'm having difficulties in using a TrueType font for displaying subtitles. I've
read the documentation and decided to compile MPlayer with --disable-fontconfig.
The font I'm trying to use is Arial.ttf and I've renamed it to subfont.ttf and
put a copy in ~/.mplayer.
I have Mac OS X 10.3.9 with freetype 2.1.10 and this method works with MPlayer
v1.0pre7try2.
In case it's needed, here's my personal config file:

vo=quartz
vf=screenshot
double=yes
volstep=5
softvol-max=10000
ffactor=10 #black outline
sub-bg-alpha=0 #background color ala closed captions
sub-bg-color=0 #black to white
subfont-autoscale=1 #Sets the autoscale mode
subfont-text-scale=5 #truetype font scaling
subpos=85 #subtitle position
spuaa=4
subfont-blur=0
alang=jpn,eng,en