[MPlayer-users] Bob deinterlacing

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jan 2 13:53:12 CET 2006

HI!

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff wrote:

>> I have tried various deinterlacing methods available in MPlayer, but
>> none is as good as Bob deinterlacing when playing to NVidia FX 5200 TV-out.
>>
>> MythTV (www.mythtv.org) has very nice Bob deinterlacing, if you'd like
>> to take a look at the source...
>
> Have a look at the tfields video filter. It does exactly what you are
> asking for.

Hmm, the manual says, it only works with mencoder and that I should set
-fps and -ofps. Since -ofps seems not to be available for mplayer, I
tried the following to play a 25 fps interlaced MPEG2 movie:

mplayer -vf tfields=4 -fps 50 movie.mpg

This results in a squeezed playback (half the vertical size).

Thomas