[MPlayer-users] Bob deinterlacing

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon Jan 2 15:58:45 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 11:37 +0100, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> I have tried various deinterlacing methods available in MPlayer, but
> none is as good as Bob deinterlacing when playing to NVidia FX 5200 TV-out.

Others more clueful than I have said that doing proper deinterlacing in
mplayer is not really feasible without an architecture overhaul.  (I
assume that means it's possible only with disgusting and volatile
hacks.)

For my deinterlacing needs I use xine, which, through tvtime, has an
assortment of very good deinterlacers.  TomsMoComp and GreedyH are the
best I've seen on Linux, and both much more intelligent than a simple
bob deinterlacer (which is not motion adaptive).

Cheers,
Jason.