[MPlayer-users] mencoder -endpos <size>mb does not work, neither does mplayer -sb XXXXX -dumpstream

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi jlohikos at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jan 3 13:21:15 CET 2006

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 06:54:20PM -0800, RC wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 00:35:52 +0200
> "Jouni.Lohikoski at iki.fi" <jlohikos at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
>
> > $ mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos 391mb video1.wmv -mc 0 -noskip
> > -o video2.wmv
>
> As usual...  You are *not* outputting a WMV file, you are just
> outputting an AVI file named "video2.wmv".

Yep, understood that, but what about the rest of the question. If I use
-ofps 25, it makes playable video, but can the variable FPS in ASF make
tricks? I mean, if WMV element in the AFS file says it has variable
framerate, but I force it to be 25 FPS in AVI, does it mess up the video
or maybe WMV-decoder doesn't care what AVI-container says about FPS?

And the 2) part, got it, the streamdumped AFS file is missing the header
and therefore does not produce a working videofile. Any solution to
that?

// jouni