[MPlayer-users] BadAccess etc. Problem solved

Ethan Arnold ethan at arnold.net
Tue Jan 3 15:49:39 CET 2006

The problem is solved. Apparently xv needs "System V IPC Support" in the
kernel, I did not have it configured.

I found it out myself, but just as I had booted the new kernel and was
trying it, the correct solution came in by Thomas Hellström on the
openchrome mailing list, so congratulations to the reward Thomas :-)

I wish the kernel help in menuconfig was a little more verbose. The help
text for SysV currently makes it sound as if it's only rarely used. I
wouldnt call video  playing in Xorg a rare application. If it had said "if
unsure, say y to be safe" then I would have left it on.

Ethan