[MPlayer-users] h.264 rtsp stream from QTSS

Kasper Peeters kasper.peeters at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jan 5 15:40:26 CET 2006

> Check on IRC first, but I'm fairly sure it's a case of mplayer not
> supporting h264 over RTSP. Have you tried playing the stream with
> other players? E.G.: Quicktime, VLC.... Seems like this would be an
> important step before filing any bug.

Ok, here's the result, both with a 3ivx and a h.264 stream, both over
rtsp using the most recent LIVE555 libraries:

                   3ivx                    h.264

  mplayer     fps not detected,        fps not detected,
              plays with -fps          NAL errors with -fps

  vlc         fps detected correctly,  NAL errors
              video played fine

Both seem to use ffmpeg for the h.264 decoding so it's perhaps not so
surprising that the NAL errors are consistent.

Kasper