[MPlayer-users] mplayer and realvideo streams

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:17:40 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/7/06, Michaela Merz <misch at steyla.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Just a question. I had to rework a project I did a year ago.
> Unfortunately, almost all RealVideo Streams are no longer accessible.
>
> Example: rtsp://real.ntv.t-bn.de/live/ntv/ntv_1.rm
>
> I tried different mplayer versions and codecs, 1.0pre6, 1.0pre7-try2, with
> and without live.com support, with and without different switches (i.e.
> rtsp-stream-over-tcp), the result is always the same: It takes about 3
> minutes to connect (realplayer and realplayer8 connect right-away) and
> dies with the following messages:

I tried CVS version from 2-3 days ago, and MPlayer can connect to the
stream just fine, but the sound is mute.
There has been recent work to improve real cook sound, maybe it's
fixed now. You should test it with lastest CVS.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/