[MPlayer-users] Problem with mplayer 1.0pre8 and xawtv 3.95 on RH9

Holger Mueller xmr004 at euhm.de
Mon Jan 9 08:12:28 CET 2006

Thanks for the quick response ...

On Monday 09 January 2006 06:35, RC wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:42:56 +0100
>
> Holger Mueller <xmr004 at euhm.de> wrote:
> > I just compiled and installed mplayer-1.0pre8-0.4.20051128 on my RH9
> > system.
>
> There's no such thing as 1.0pre8 yet.

Maybe it's a 1.0pre8pre ;-)
At least greysector calls it like that:
http://rpm.greysector.net/yum/all/SRPMS/mplayer-1.0pre8-0.4.20051128.src.rpm

> > After first start of gmplayer the xawtv screen stays black (can't see
> > any  picture).
> > Does anybody know whats going wrong here? I already searched the list
> > but  I did not find an answer to this problem ...
>
> I'm surprised you couldn't find anything.  This exact question (xawtv)
> was asked just a week or so ago.  Use xawtv CVS, or use "-vo
> xv:ck-method=auto" with mplayer.

Maybe my search parameters didn`t fit so well ...

1) Using CVS xawtv (xawtv-20051018-094127.tar.gz, this is pre4 version)
did not help :-(

2) Using "-vo xv:ck-method=auto" is the solution (even for the old xawtv
3.95). Wrote this in my .mplayer/gui.conf. Now it is default for the
gmplayer command. Is it possible to set a default vo option for mplayer
as well? Writing it into .mplayer/config did not help.

Thanks
Holger