[MPlayer-users] "The GUI requires GTK devel packages"

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Jan 10 00:46:38 CET 2006

Hi.

First: please, do NOT start a new thread by replying to a message in an
old/unrelated thread. This messes us threading and annoys people who use
threaded mail clients. Always write a new message.

On Monday, 09 January 2006 at 23:09, Antoni Mont wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got this error message when trying to configure MPlayer-1.0pre7 with
> option --enable-gui.
>
> The README file says that libpng and GTK 1.2 development packages are needed
> for the Gui, and there they are.

And how do you know they are installed?

You may want to try a recent CVS snapshot, which uses GTK2.

Regards,
R.