[MPlayer-users] gmplayer crashes after starting dvd playback on amd64

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:31:34 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/12/06, Eric Andersen <andersenep at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gmplayer crashes shortly after opening any dvd.  If I
> use mplayer things seem to work fine.  Moving the
> window at all seems to crash it instantly, but it will
> segv on it's own within 30 seconds of starting
> playback.
> Same bug on all versions, binary included, in current
> gentoo-portage.  Help!

If possible, try to narrow down the problem following those
instructions: http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/bugreports_regression_test.html

That would help narrowing down the problem. I don't use gmplayer in a
frequent basis, but I'm pretty confident dvd playback worked sometime
in the past 6 month...

But what's strange is that looking at the activity around libmpeg2:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/libmpeg2/

there hasn't been any commit done there for at least 7 month.

So your problem puzzles me. All the more since it happens only with gmplayer.

What you way wanna do is try if appending "-vc ffmpeg2" to your
command line helps at all.

[..]

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/