[MPlayer-users] playing videos over WLAN link

Sebastian Kaps seb at sauerland.de
Tue Jan 17 15:49:31 CET 2006

Hi!

I have a small PC in my living room that I use to watch video files on
my TV screen. This box has several directories from a server mounted via
NFS. The box is connected to a WLAN Access Point in Client mode directly
with a short TP cable. The mentioned server also has a WLAN interface.
So basically it looks like this:

[box]---[WLAN AP/client]-.-.-[WLAN AP]-.-.-[Server]

Now the problem:
When use mplayer to play a file located on a NFS share, the playback
sometimes begins to stutter.
I have copied several large files via ftp to this box and I always get a
sustained transfer rate of 900 kByte/s minimum. So the WLAN link seems
to be fast enough.

Does anybody have an idea what's the cause for this problem or how I
could get to the bottom if it?

--
Ciao, Sebastian