[MPlayer-users] OSD problems with DVDs

Davide Capodaglio davidecapod at inwind.it
Wed Jan 18 23:17:33 CET 2006

Hi everybody, these are the problems I have with DVDs and OSD:

- sometimes the total time is lower than real time, for all the film length
- sometimes the total time is lower than real time, but at a certain point of
the film it becomes the correct time
- sometimes the current time at a certain point goes back to 0: e.g.
00:00-31:00, then resets to 00:00, then 00:00-28:32, reset to 00:00, etc.
(VOB boundary??).
(For this I produced a patch, and now the current time follow the total time,
but if this is wrong I'm stuck again)
- the strangest case: the total time is 00:00, but the current time goes on

All these DVDs with problems work perfectly under xine and even with a simple
lsdvd.
Can anyone report these problems as well?

Little OT: If someone is interested I wrote a patch to show CPU usage, frames
dropped etc (the last part of the status line) as OSD level 4.

Bye
Davide