[MPlayer-users] How to create MPEG-2 stream understandable for mplex?

Welko Hristov welko at web.de
Fri Jan 20 00:50:03 CET 2006

Hello,

I followed the procedure listed at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-vcd-dvd.html and created
MPEG-2 stream which can be passed to dvdauthor for creating a DVD. I
tested it and it works just fine. What I fail to achieve is to multiplex
additional AC3 audio streams because mplex complains that it does not
understand the format of the video stream:

$ mplex -f 8 -o output.mpeg video.mpeg audio1.ac3 audio2.ac3
INFO: [mplex] mplex version 1.8.0 (2.2.4 $Date: 2005/08/28 17:50:54 $)
**ERROR: [mplex] File video.mpeg unrecogniseable!
INFO: [mplex] File audio1.ac3 looks like an AC3 Audio stream.
INFO: [mplex] File audio2.ac3 looks like an AC3 Audio stream.
**ERROR: [mplex] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.

Could somebody help me with this issue please?

Thank you - Velko