[MPlayer-users] How to change audio stream?

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Jan 20 18:35:44 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:13:54PM -0500, SeNS wrote:
> Hello, All!
>
> I have avi file with two AC3 audio streams - English and Russian. How to
> change (cycle) streams during movie play? "switch_audio" command works only
> with Matroska or mpeg (according to FAQ).

the pound key '#' may still work for you, if your mplayer version is new
enough.  At least it seems to work on my DVD's that contain AC3, to
switch back and forth between the 2.0 and 5.1 tracks.

There will be a drawback though, in that you may trigger a bug by after
switching the audio you attempt to seek.  mplayer will get caught in a
loop and take 100% cpu and need to be killed from another window as it
will no longer be listening to input.