[MPlayer-users] play mpeg4 stream in mov container

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 01:16:30 CET 2006

2006/1/22, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>:
> You should always try CVS before reporting a bug.

Now I've tried the cvs and the results is pretty the same, see forward.

> Also, the verbose
> output (-v) is much more helpful.

Ok, I've attached the verbose output for the file 1GB long that
doesn't play correctly (as I said only distorted sound are played
without video).

> If you still have problems, you might try -demuxer lavf and/or -sb 1

I've tried with the cvs version:

  $ mplayer -demuxer lavf nani.mov
  $ mplayer -sb 1 nani.mov
  $ mplayer -demuxer lavf -sb 1nani.mov

and again I can't see any video.

To clarify (I realized my previous mail wasn't very clear, sorry for
my bad english), I recorded this file with vlc from a internet stream,
without audio or video re-encoding and choosing mov as container.
Recording a shorter file from the same source I obtain files that play
fine either with mplayer and with vlc. But I cant play this longer
(1GB) file, recoded with the same procedure.

Hope the problem is clearer now.

If you want further information just ask.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio