[MPlayer-users] play mpeg4 stream in mov container

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:03:29 CET 2006

2006/1/24, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>:
> RC wrote:
[cut]
> >Have you been able to play that back with ANYTHING?  It looks very-much
> >like VLC is just creating corrupt files.
> >

> it's a TS with lots of errors; video, although indicated in the PMT,
> can't even be recognized.
> What command line did you use to generate it?

Opening vlc, menu FIle-> Wizard-> Transcode/Save to a file, selected
the source, then I leave unchecked transcode video and transcode
audio, and in the last step I selected the default mov container.

So should be the raw (non trans coded) stream putted in a mov
container. I can play shorter files recorded in this way both with
mplayer and with other players but I cant' play with anythink this
particular big file, for with I provided the 2MB sample (splitted from
the beginning).

I'm not complaing about mplayer not being able to play the file, of
course, but I was only hoping to recover that particular video, in
some way.

In a previous email I've posted the verbose mplayer output even for
the stream (watching the stream directly with mplayer, there you can
understand what kind of stream it is) and for a shorter file recorded
in the same manner with vlc but that plays fine.

I hope I have explained well myself.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio