[MPlayer-users] configuring speed

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:51:02 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/28/06, Deepan Chakravarthy <fossmaker at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>   When i play songs with mplayer the speed of the song is very high. I press '[' to get  the speed low. This happens not allways. Some times this happens and when i reboot my system every thing gets fine. I use debian sarge.
>  details about my mplayer:-
>
>  MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
>  CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 10 )
>  Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
>  CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
>  Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
>

>  How do i correct this speed problem permanently ?

I have never experienced such problem myself. All I can say is that in
order to track down your problem, we need to be able to reproduce it,
which means that you need to test if your problem exists with CVS
version of MPlayer, and if necessary provide us the samples that
triggers the problem.

If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it.:(

Guillaume
--
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

MPlayer's doc isn't up-to-date. Visit my updated mirror here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/