[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer CVS On OS X Errors

Mohammad A. Haque mhaque at haque.net
Mon Jan 30 16:02:16 CET 2006

Matched up to your configuration and everything still compiled and
ran fine here. I did have to hack up cdparanoia/libcdio support to
get it compiled but that only explains your _read_toc undefined
symbol. I'll clean that code up some and post a patch. For now you
can bypass this with the --disable-cdparanoia --disable-libcdio
configure flags.

Did you do a clean install when you installed 10.4 or was it an
upgrade? My guess is that some library was compiled with an older
version of gcc and now you're trying to compile mplayer with gcc 4.0.0

If it is the case where you have upgraded from an older system, my
suggestion is to get your libraries updated and upgrade XCode. I'm
currently compiling with XCode 2.2.1 (gcc 4.0.1/5250)

If you did a fresh install and are using fink or dports, it's
possible that an old library got installed via a package and
installed into /usr/local/lib. It might be faster to see what you
have living there and see if you can't replace those with what fink/
dports provides.

Mohammad A. Haque                      http://www.haque.net/
                                         mhaque at haque.net

   "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.