[MPlayer-users] please help test my mplayer widescreen converter wrapper script

Daniel Manjarres danmanj2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 18:41:24 CEST 2006

On 7/1/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> It just seems like you could have done all this with a lot less work
> (and a lot less time waiting before playback finally starts).

Ok here's the fastest, most accurate crop detect script on the planet (as
far as I know). It keeps a LRU cache of the paramaters for the last 1000
files played. Playback is damn near instantaneous after the first run goes
through. The cache is flushed if the script changes. This opens up the
possibility of taking even longer to do a good job, while keeping average
playback delay short.

654 lines, with only 255 non-commented source lines. Hey, it's 2^n -1, must
be a lucky number.

later