[MPlayer-users] Anyone built GUI wrapper for playlists?

Jasper Taylor jasper at simulistics.com
Sat Jul 8 14:05:33 CEST 2006

Hi folks,
I use mplayer to play audio streams from Shoutcast. What I want to be able to
do is save stream addresses as 'favourites' and navigate through them by
name, genre etc to open streams, rather than have to go to the Shoutcast site
each time.

I'm thinking of writing a GUI wrapper for mplayer in TclTk that will do this,
and also read mplayer's command line output to display the stream's ICY data
and perhaps the buffer fill level etc. What I want to know is, has anyone
already done something like this? If not, can anyone give me a serious reason
to use some other toolkit than TclTk?

Cheers
	--Jasper